Friday, October 9, 2009

A Christmas Dream To Remember

Have you ever had a Christmas dream, something that you wanted so bad that you dreamed about it every night until Christmas? Of course, you are more likely to have this happen to you as a child than as an adult – and that is what this story is about.

I can remember my little brother waking me up one night to tell me about his dream. He was so excited he could not sit still. He really thought that he had actually seen Santa and his reindeer. He started trying to tell me about what he saw but he was so excited and was talking so fast that I could not even understand him.

I just told him to go lay back down and we would talk about it in the morning. I don't think that my little brother went back to sleep that night but he did leave me alone until morning. That next morning my little brother was there to wake me up bright and early, he couldn’t wait to tell me about what he had seen the night before.

He said he heard a noise that woke him up and then he went down stairs to see what it was and to his amazement he saw that it was Santa. From the steps you could see him; he just sat there and watched Santa quietly put the presents under the tree, one by one, pulling them from his big red bag.

Santa was about done with the presents and then it happened, the stair creaked and Santa quickly turned around and saw my brother. Santa called him by name and asked him to come over to the tree. He then asked him if he thought he was a good boy this year. My brother just stood there shocked and did not know what to say to him. He said that he did not even hear Santa as he stood there starring at his big red suit his long white beard and his big black shiny boots - he just could not believe it.

He was actually in our house! “SANTA…,” my brother finally asked him, “did you ever get my letter.” My brother continued with his story telling us what Santa said to him. “Santa said that I won't be disappointed when I open my presents. Santa said that I was good this year, that he had been watching me closely. He then told me to go back to bed and that it is not too late, he can take these presents back.”

My brother then ran up to his room just in time to see Santa and the reindeer. Santa was yelling “Ho, Ho, Ho, Merry Christmas”, then they flew away into the night. He woke up after Santa had left and then he realized that it was all a dream.

He still wanted to tell me because he was scared he was not going to get anything because he did not go back to bed when Santa told him to. Isn't it funny when you want something so bad that it is all you think about and you dream about it? My little brother was only 6 years old when this happened and we still remember that night to this day.

Bookmark and Share

No comments: