Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Can Your Letters To Santa Help You Avoid Christmas Shopping Stress

Christmas shopping can be stressful, and even letters to Santa don’t always help. But after you read this article you will know how to eliminate some of the stress involved with Christmas. While you are out take the time to admire all the sparkling decorations and remember the true meaning of Christmas.

When you shop can be the difference between a holly jolly mood or a humbug kind of day. Try to do your shopping early on a weekday. The stores are crowded during the evenings and weekends. You should enjoy buying gifts from Santa to give to the one’s you love. If you are shopping at a mall or large department store remember where you parked.

Try shopping online to find great gifts from Santa. This way you can avoid the headache of packed stores and holiday traffic. Be sure to look for on line coupons for the product you are about to purchase. Make a list of gifts that you are expecting and cross them off as they are delivered.

When I go shopping I always take my nice list with me – and the Santa letters written by the kids. Beside each name I have a few gifts that they would like. This way if something is out of stock I have other options. Make sure you cross off the names and gifts as you go. We always buy at least five gifts to have handy when unexpected guests show up. I try to have one gift for a woman something like a bath set or candles. For a man I pick up a socket set or cologne. I try to have a couple of toys that a girl or boy would like. Last year I had sea monkeys, a board game, and play dough.

After each purchase mark it off your list. This will help to ensure that you don’t forget anyone. Get yourself an envelope to keep your receipts in. These will make things a lot easier if you have to return anything. If you get stuck trying to pick a gift for a picky person consider giving them a gift card.

If you have bought something that requires batteries, start a list to keep up with how many and what size you will need. Last year my mom bought rechargeable batteries for my kids and I am so grateful. It is no fun trying to find an affordable pack of batteries Christmas morning.

As you bring home your gifts wrap that. This will help to keep your gift wrapping job from becoming over whelming. Gifts that will be leaving my house are wrapped in special wrapping paper so that I can identify the gifts that go just by sight. For gifts that are going to children a small bag of reindeer food is attached to the ribbon.

I hope this tips have helped you with holiday shopping stress if things get to stressful you could always write a letter to Santa Claus asking for sanity. After all, letters from Santa are certain to make you feel joyful and carefree.

Bookmark and Share

No comments: